For the Children
- Gated playground with tricycle path. We use the playground all year round!
- Music classes: Our own music teacher, formerly of "Music Together", leads bi-monthly classes through movement, song, and rhythm.
- Field Trips: Our 4 year olds attend curriculum based field trips including Main Street Nursery, Theodore Roosevelt Bird Sanctuary, Vanderbilt Planitarium, and a Spring bus trip to Engeman Theater. Other trips may also be added during the year.
- Holiday Workshop: All classes participate in a holiday craft workshop where they get to make presents for members of their family.
- Winter Activities: As we face the long winter and cannot go outside, we bring events into the school to help keep the children engaged. Such activities include the Fun Bus, Happy Feet, and Mad Science.
- 4 Year Graduation: To help celebrate their graduation, the parents committee organizes a year end carnival where children have experienced things like face painting, traditional carnival games, and Build a Bear.
For the Parents
- A Parent's Night is held every October to welcome new families as well as returning ones. It is a great opportunity to visit your child's classroom, meet their teacher, and chat with other parents. The highlight is our parent created slideshow of all the classes in action!
- Fall Social-Meet and Greet new families as the school year starts at a local restaurant.
- Parents Night Out-Held every March where moms can get together, socialize, and win raffle prizes!
- Family Nights-Past events have included a Movie Night and Pizza Night at a local Huntington pizzeria.
- Daddies Day-For those families where fathers work full time and do not often get to drop off and pick up their child at school, we offer one Saturday during the year where Dads are welcome to spend an hour and a half in their child's class to see what their typical day is like.